[ntp:questions] NTP sever on an isolated Network

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Fri Jan 9 08:26:38 UTC 2009

Diego Ramos wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Is there any GPS model that provides PPS and I don't need to make a
> connector for it?

The Motorola Oncore MT+ is the "gold reference", but they stopped making
them some years ago.

I got 5 or 6 of the last ones. :-)
I just checked their home page, and it seems they've found a replacement:

http://www.synergy-gps.com/

"GSynQ/T MK-1 Smart Antenna

Synergy Systems’ GSynQ/T MK-1 is a GPS smart antenna for timing
applications integrating two high-quality products:  the dual filtered
Timing3000 antenna and i-Lotus Model M12M precision timing GPS receiver.
For further information, please contact our offices at +1-858-566-0666
or e-mail oemsales at synergy-gps.com."

This product looks very similar to those I got, but if the internal
hardware is different, then you might need a different ntp refclock
driver, possibly NMEA and/or ATOM.

> The company is very restrictive about the use of  "self-made" components.

You are not "making" anything, just fixing a connector problem.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>