[ntp:questions] Sudden drop in frequency after software update

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Wed Jan 21 02:14:21 UTC 2009

>I've seen a different frequency correction needed after a kernel is
>installed.

That wouldn't surprise me.  The calibration is a combination
of the hardware and the software.  Somebody could easily
fix/tweak the software and change some of the details
of the calculations or the timing.  The problem I'm seeing
is that the answer isn't consistent.  The same kernel at
the same temp gets different answers.