[ntp:questions] ntp server using HP/Symmetricom 58534a

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Fri Jul 3 07:50:17 UTC 2009

In article <jo03m.17805$Xw4.4880 at bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
 "Phil" <phil at xxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:
>Has anyone setup an ntp server using the HP/Symmetricom 58534a ?
>I understand it is nmea-0183 with a 1pps output.
>Pros, cons ?

I haven't used one.  If it's NMEA, the NMEA driver (20) should
work.

Basically, you have to configure the 58534a to send one sentence
every second.  GPRMC is the normal one.  Others should work if
you configure things correctly.  So read the manual.  If it tells
you how to do that I'd expect it to work.