[ntp:questions] Keeping NTP Honest

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jul 14 22:33:43 UTC 2009

Unruh wrote:
[]
> You asked if there was Windows support OR refclock support, not AND.
> Also, if you want time accuracy, don't run windows in the first place.
> If you run windows, then the additional accuracy chrony could give you
> is irrelevant anyway. ntp is good enough for Windows:-).

Please don't make assumptions about what is or is not good enough for me,
or about what accuracy can, or cannot, be achieved with Windows.  I have
several stratum-1 systems here where the stability or accuracy appears to
be limited by the lack of temperature control rather than by the fact the
system runs Windows.

Cheers,
David