[ntp:questions] Building a private NTP architecture

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 15:00:14 UTC 2009

Hello everyone, glad to be here.  New to the list.

I've got a number of lab environments without external connectivity, i.e. no
access to an internal network, or even the internet.
With the hardware available to me, my desire is to specify one Red Hat Linux
system in each lab as 'the' ntp server and all the
other clients would connect to it.  On that ntp server, I believe I'd have to set
the date/time manually, and expect all the ntp
clients to be sync'd with it.  Is there a better way to structure this-I'm open
to suggestions.

I've looked through the man pages for ntp, and the documentation on the ntp.org
site.  What I'm searching for is the procedure
and individual steps for correctly establishing that ntp server, and then having
all the clients point to it in an isolated, private
environment.

Thank you for any help you can give.

R,
-Joe Wulf