[ntp:questions] Local (own site) NTP servers.

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Fri Jul 24 08:52:35 UTC 2009

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:VdadnWa89vI0XPXXnZ2dnUVZ_rednZ2d at giganews.com...
[...]
> The "Meinberg NTP software" is standard NTPD with a "Windows installer"!
> If you are really good with Windows you might be able to install an X86
> version of NTPD on a Windows system without Meinberg. ...

"Really good" is vastly overstated. Put the binaries somewhere and
install ntpd.exe as a service. There's even a (custom) instsrv.exe that
comes with it, although I think I used the generic one from the Resource
Kit. Then figure out where ntp.conf goes by default[0] and it works.

I wouldn't trust my parents to get it working, but my sister-in-law
should be able to do it.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

[0] Or pass a parameter to the executable.