[ntp:questions] seeking advice; NTP peers, GQ identities and Autokey

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Fri Jul 31 21:05:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 08:00:02PM +0000, David Mills wrote:
> Brian,
>
> The release version has a mixture of old
> and new protocol modules that are incompatible. The old ones work and
> the new ones work, but not a combination of the old and new as in the
> current release version.

Ah.  So - assuming I'm stuck with our vendors release (RHEL packaged
4.2.2p1), which protocol modules modules would be most appropriate
to manage peers?

> The error code you cite is in facr  at the spot you cited, but you
> didn't notice the log code is in hex.

No, I didn't.  Thanks for pointing that out...

I appreciate the feedback.

I have, for now, collapsed back to the tried-and-true use of ntp.keys,
to continue my experiments...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842