[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.5p180 adds IPv6 support on Windows

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Mon Jun 1 07:12:05 UTC 2009

Maarten Wiltink wrote:
[]
> As it happens, I recently had cause to install a clean Windows
> somewhere and downloaded what turns out to be vegas-v2. As of five
> minutes ago,
> a new NTP is gathering loopstats.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Groetjes,
> Maarten Wiltink

That's good news, Maarten.

So, one question which now arises is:  how should the current Windows NTP
handle the libeay32.dll version issue?  Having it packaged with Meinberg's
distribution, and putting it into the application directory seems to be an
approach which works.

Should those installing by copying ntpd.exe etc. from Zip archives be
expected to look after libeay32.dll themselves?  Should the bindings be
dynamic rather than static so that ntpd can fall back if the required
entry point or even the DLL isn't available?  Should the "correct" version
of libeay32.dll always be included with the Zip archive?

Cheers,
David