[ntp:questions] ntpd on dial up machine: no DNS resolving => giving up on all servers

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists Null at BlackList.Griffin-Technologies.invalid
Mon Jun 8 02:26:56 UTC 2009

Arno Wald wrote:
 > ntpd is started at boot time and automatically can handle
 >   interfaces that are brought up or down while ntpd is
 >   running since 4.2.4p0+dfsg-1.
 >  But the problem is, that ntpd cannot resolve the ntp-server
 >   names at startup (because the PC is offline) and gives up
 >   on them.
 > When the ppp interface is brough up, ntpd does recognize
 >  this, but does not retry to resolve the servers.
 >
 > Is there something I can do to make ntpd look up the servers
 >  again when the PC is going online?

Put a script into ip-up.d to restart ntp when the link comes up?

E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList at Griffin-Technologies.net>
  will be added to the BlackLists.