[ntp:questions] Seeing an incorrect leap-second indicator...

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Sun Jun 14 14:05:53 UTC 2009

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>> I'm seeing an incorrect leap-second indicator from these servers:
>>  starbug.netinertia.co.uk
>>  dns1.rmplc.co.uk
>>  gw1-if1-c4l.priorityonline.net
>>  syrinx-123.symphonics.org
>>  de003178.idaq.com
>>
>> Anyone like to confirm that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>
> How about just not using those servers?  There will always be someone
> who can't be bothered to get it right and there isn't much you can do!

Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm using a version of NTP which rejects
these false leapers.  These servers are from the NTP pool, so it's not
easy for everyone to avoid using them.  I was initially more concerned to
know whether the indications I was seeing were correct or not.

Cheers,
David