[ntp:questions] Stratum 1 servers in pools?!?

Tue Jun 16 00:26:38 UTC 2009

Rich wrote:
> Should I consider doing something in my ntp.conf so
>  as to avoid bothering a server from a pool if it
>  happens to be in stratum 1?

tos floor 2 ?

Not likely necessary,
 if the server owner is the one who included their stratum
  1 server in the pool, they would expect those using the
  pool to sometimes get their servers IP, and use it.

  will be added to the BlackLists.