[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP Software--Time Accuracy

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jun 23 12:10:48 UTC 2009

W. eWatson wrote:
[]
> It looks like pulling the preempt, did the trick. It "looks" like the
> two sources, NTP and my Radio Shack atomic clock, are very close. Too
> bad one of them doesn't beep every five seconds.

My simple analog clock doesn't beep, but it does step on the second:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/disk.html#TinyBen

> Is there a primer for NTP?

Good question, I hope one of the documentation guys can help.

> I have a number of colleagues who are working with the same equipment
> and software, but are operaing with Linux or Apple. Does some
> implementation like Meinberg exist for them?  Where would they find
> it?

It's available for Linux and Apple - operating systems I am less familiar
with.

  http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html

Whether they have such user-friendly install routines I can't say for
sure, but I don't think so.

Cheers,
David