[ntp:questions] iff on depended server

Carsten Rieck carsten.rieck at sp.se
Tue Jun 23 14:53:09 UTC 2009

Hej,

I wonder how to correctly configure dependent autokey servers.
I am using 4.2.4p5 with linuxpps on the server and vanilla 4.2.4p5 on
the clients

Even though a successful autokey+iff association should show flags=0x83f2,
I think i have a working configuration for a single iff
server(st1)-client system:

assID=8385 status=f614 reach, conf, auth, sel_sys.peer, 1 event,
event_reach,
flags=0x83f01

If the above is a correctly configured/working association on the
client, what would be the correct way of configuring the same client to
be a dependent autokey server?
Obviously the clients private key cannot be used to extract group
parameters. Creating server type parameters on the client brakes the
association to the server . Do dependent servers have to share the same
group parameters ?

I seem lost and would be grateful for advice.

with best regards
Carsten Rieck

--
Carsten Rieck
SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden

the dirty dozen: \|()[{^$*+?.