[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP Software--Time Accuracy

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Jun 23 16:09:34 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-23, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Rob wrote:
>
>> David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Whether they have such user-friendly install routines I can't say
>>> for sure, but I don't think so.
>>
>> Of course they do. At least Linux does.

[snip]

> Have you tried the Windows/Meinberg installation? It includes
> configuring the "pool" server lines for the user's specified region.
> One which is pre-installed by default probably doesn't have the region
> optimisation.

> Good to hear that Linux has something, though.

"Linux" is only a kernel. There are many OSes which use that kernel.

> I must admit that a simple primer for Windows would be welcome, as I
> have seen NTP increasingly adopted by that community.

Anyone who wishes to write one is welcome to contribute it to our Quick
Start Guides and Hints topic (aka page) at
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/QuickStartIndex

All that is necessary is for someone to step up to the plate and do the
work instead of merely engaging in wishful speculation on Usenet.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>