[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP Software--Time Accuracy

John Hasler john at dhh.gt.org
Wed Jun 24 12:26:24 UTC 2009

David writes:
> Yes, my ISP has that, as well as "official" NTP servers, but at one stage
> they were not well maintained.

With the pool, there is really no reason to use an ISP's NTP servers
anyway.  My Debian Chrony package uses them by default, as does the Debian
Ntp package.

Some years back I had an ISP that ran a server that purported to be stratum
two but was (inconsistently) five minutes slow.  I don't know how they did
that.
--
John Hasler
john at dhh.gt.org