[ntp:questions] Troubleshooting who's at fault

Ronaldo Mexico ronaldo.hawk.mexico at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:06:19 UTC 2009

> I don't see a NTP server on 147.159.120.131
>  is it restricted to local access?

I'm not sure what that question means.  It's on the same subnet, but
you may be referring to the restricted keyword in the ntp.conf file?

> What happens if you add to your ntp.conf
>
>  server clock.redhat.com iburst
>  server 0.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst preempt
>  server 1.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst preempt
>  server 2.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst preempt
>  server tick.qwest.net iburst
>  server tock.qwest.net iburst
>
>   does it sync up to those ok?

Unfortunately, I'm in a private network, so I can't connect to
Internet public NTP servers.  I have connected to other stratum 2
servers hosted by my company, so I know that my ntpd daemon likes
*some* NTP servers.