[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP Software--Time Accuracy

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jun 25 19:50:39 UTC 2009

W. eWatson wrote:
> Back for a few words and questions.
>
> What is Restart used for? Why aren't Stop and Start sufficient?

Restart (in the Services manager) is handy when you have just changed the
config file and want to do a stop and an immediate start....

> What sort of accuracy might I expect from my 4 servers, as mentioned
> above? Are those servers applicable to any site in the USA or Canada?

With Internet servers on Windows I would expect around 100ms accuracy -
perhaps better.  That's an order of magnitude figure, though.

Glad you like TinyBen - I haven't measured it but I would hope that the
hands change within about 100ms of the computer clock changing.

Cheers,
David