[ntp:questions] Troubleshooting who's at fault

Ronan Flood usenet at umbral.org.uk
Fri Jun 26 14:39:49 UTC 2009

Ronaldo Mexico <ronaldo.hawk.mexico at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steps were taken (fudge 10) to make sure the local clock is only
> chosen in the worst-case scenario.  Even if I remove the local clock
> (127.127.1.0), it'll still never sync to the only choice it has (the
> PTS).

Are you sure about that?  If it doesn't work without the local clock,
that implies more problems than just the peer loop error we've seen.

Another thing you could try is to use a different unit number for the
local clock on the RHEL server: instead of

server  127.127.1.0 # local clock
fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10

try

server  127.127.1.1 # local clock