[ntp:questions] Request throughput in ntp 4.2.4p7

Breck Beatie bbeatie at symmetricom.com
Mon Jun 29 18:41:30 UTC 2009

I've been running ntp 4.2.4p4 on my desktop.  I recently upgraded to
4.2.4p7
and noticed that at high ntp request rates (5000 requests per second) it
seems
to drop a lot of requests.  With ntp 4.2.4p4 (as packaged by kubuntu
maintainers)
it would drop fewer than 0.02% of incoming requests.  That is up from a
0.00%
drop rate for 4.0.4p0 on the same hardware.  Now with 4.2.4p7 it's
dropping
2.65% of ntp requests.

Has anybody else noticed the drop off in request throughput?  If so, is
there
any perception of a "problem"?

Thanks in advance.

Breck