[ntp:questions] http://www.ntp.org/ => a blank page?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Mar 3 15:28:32 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-03, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> 128.4.35.16 is the address I'm seeing.

Something on your end is not working correctly. Both addresses are in
DNS (open, or otherwise) and others have reported that their browsers
are using, or failing over to, the non 128 address.

> The tracert is
> failing here:
>
>  15   206 ms   135 ms   104 ms  chp-rt2-v9.nss.udel.edu [128.175.111.10]
>  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
>
> and the page is blank.

The page is not "blank". The problem is that your browser is not loading
anything.

> I hope you can resolve the issue soon.

I reported the problem using the correct channels and it was resolved.

You're very lucky that I read the news-group before starting to work
this morning; I don't always do so. If I had not I would not have seen
your complaint for many hours, possibly not until tonight.

If you are experiencing difficulties with _any_ ntp.org "web services"
the correct place to file a report is webmaster at ntp.org

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>