[ntp:questions] http://www.ntp.org/ => a blank page?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 22:45:25 UTC 2009

Steve Kostecke wrote:
> On 2009-03-03, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
[]
>> I did not "complain", I asked whether what I was seeing was correct,
>> and some others confirmed this.
>
> Quibling over which word I used misses the point.

To me there is a distinct difference between reporting something and
asking whether it is correct, and "complaining" about it.

> That is:
>
>>> If you are experiencing difficulties with _any_ ntp.org "web
>>> services" the correct place to file a report is webmaster at ntp.org
>
> Don't forget, any reasonably full featured news-reader will allow to
> you post your article to a news-group while simultaneously e-mailing
> a copy to some arbitrary address.

A practice I abhor, to be honest.  If I read something in a newsgroup, I
expect a response in a newsgroup, not some personal e-mail, although the
newsreader I use does allow simultaneous posting to a newsgroup and a
direct e-mail.

As I could not get the web page to open, I could not see an e-mail address
to which to report faults.  Sorry.

Can we now get back to NTP, please?

Cheers,
David