[ntp:questions] improving ntpd performance on Windows

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Mar 4 17:03:11 UTC 2009

Dave,

here are the results from the weekend (sorry that I didn't get to make this
available earlier):

This is from a Vista 32 machine using a single upstream server on the local
LAN:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats.2009w08-ntp-4.2.4p6-DLH-QPC-20090226-vista32.pdf

Please note the upstream server shut down itself shortly before 200000
because the air conditioning in the server room failed over the weekend.
The Vista client then was freewheeling until the upstream server was online
again on Monday morning.

The next graph is from a W2k SP4 machine:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats.2009w08-ntp-4.2.4p6-DLH-QPC-20090226-w2ksp4.pdf

That NTP client service was stopped before the upstream server came back
online, but anyway I think both graphs are looking quite qood.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren