[ntp:questions] improving ntpd performance on Windows

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:47:36 UTC 2009

On Mar 4, 5:03 pm, Martin Burnicki <martin.burni... at meinberg.de>
wrote:
> Dave,
>
> here are the results from the weekend (sorry that I didn't get to make this
> available earlier):
>
> This is from a Vista 32 machine using a single upstream server on the local
> LAN:http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats.2009w08-ntp-4.2....
>
> Please note the upstream server shut down itself shortly before 200000
> because the air conditioning in the server room failed over the weekend.
> The Vista client then was freewheeling until the upstream server was online
> again on Monday morning.
>
> The next graph is from a W2k SP4 machine:http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats.2009w08-ntp-4.2....
>
> That NTP client service was stopped before the upstream server came back
> online, but anyway I think both graphs are looking quite qood.

Thanks, Martin.  The graphs look pretty good to me too.  I emailed
Martin earlier about today's release of a new test version with
performance counter frequency tuning, and he indicated he woulld give
it a test.  Here's hoping there's a visible difference about 36
minutes after starting.

Cheers,
Dave hart