[ntp:questions] improving ntpd performance on Windows

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Mar 5 10:57:41 UTC 2009

Dave Hart wrote:
> Thanks, Martin.  The graphs look pretty good to me too.  I emailed
> Martin earlier about today's release of a new test version with
> performance counter frequency tuning, and he indicated he woulld give
> it a test.  Here's hoping there's a visible difference about 36
> minutes after starting.

Under Vista the graph looks pretty good:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats-ntp-4.2.4p6-DLH-QPC-20090304-vista32.pdf

Here's a more detailed graph of the startup:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats-ntp-4.2.4p6-DLH-QPC-20090304-vista32-detail.pdf

Unfortunately under W2k the new code does not seem to work as good during
the first minutes after startup:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/graphs/loopstats-ntp-4.2.4p6-DLH-QPC-20090304-w2ksp4.pdf

Martin
--