[ntp:questions] Jupiter refclock on Windows

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:32:50 UTC 2009

In theory, my recent test releases include support for Jupiter
reference clocks connected via serial with PPS.  I don't have a
Jupiter to test against, but if you have a Windows machine with a
serial port and a Jupiter receiver, you could give it a whirl.

The Jupiter driver requires PPSAPI, so you must install serialpps.sys
to use it on Windows:

http://davehart.net/ntp/refclock/serialpps-20090301.zip
http://davehart.net/ntp/refclock/ntp-4.2.4p6-DLH-QPC-20090306-bin.zip

The easiest way to get going if you haven't been running NTP on that
machine is to use Meinberg's installer, then replace the ntpd.exe or
all the binaries from the -bin.zip.  Contact me with any questions/
problems.

Cheers,
Dave Hart