[ntp:questions] best gps receiver for time synchronization

jack j.jack.wang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:47:08 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

First of all, I thank you for all your response.

I understand the best solution would be using an IRIG board and that's
what we had been using. We are now trying to make our product more
compact by using a small single board PC with no RS 232 or PCI slot
(no slot at all). Currently I am using GPS antenna with a USB
connection.

I also understand that if I can get a small PC with one genuine RS232,
I can use Dave Hart's solution as tested by David. I will try to my
best to steer the project towards this direction.

Right now, I am trying to find the best GPS antenna that outputs at a
consistent pace (better if the output can be configured so I only
receive time stamps). Any recommendations wrt that?

Thanks again.

Jack