[ntp:questions] Proposed NTP solution for a network

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Wed Mar 11 00:10:39 UTC 2009

On Mar 4, 5:49 am, Terje Mathisen <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> wrote:

> It is probably better than the Garmin, but almost certainly much less
> good than a dedicated FreeBSD box with an Oncore timing receiver.
>
> The most important point though is the fact that no such appliance box,
> (afaik, and I own/operate 3-4 different brands), supports proper logging
> of its own performance, so you have no way to check/verify after the
> fact if a given timestamp actually was good or not.

The Meinberg servers ("appliances") make available the loopstats
file.  (I've no idea if that's "proper logging").

It generates graphs from them, too.  An example here:
http://tmp.askask.com/2009/03/loopstat9669.gif

In my limited experience their support is really very excellent; I'd
recommend talking to them for advice.  http://www.meinberg.de/english/

 - ask