[ntp:questions] ntpd -d and ntpd -D X

Varrun Ashok varrunashok at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 13:24:30 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,      I have checked if ntpd is working in my BusyBox OS using ntpq -p and a few oher daemons. I went through the website www.ntp.org for a detailed documentatin on ntpd -d and ntpd -D X commands but could not find any.My ntp accepts pps and synchronises time every 16 secs.There are a lot of key words used in the output ntpd -d and ntpd -D 3 and i would like to know what each word means.Even google search did not yield great results.      I have been using 1 GHz P3 SBC. Soon I will shift to PXA270 ARM core SBC which runs at 512 MHz. Do the two daemons ntpd and ntpq depend on speed of processor. Are there any other processor dependencies.     Please mail me the appropriate links.