[ntp:questions] NTP Support (Was 'What does "Max Distance Exceeded"...')

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Mar 17 03:33:48 UTC 2009

Guys,

I'm not going to jump into this discussion other than to point out I
spent several months writing and updating the online NTP documentation.
All bitmapped fields are carefully decoded in the ntpq billboards and
documentation, the system log messsages page and status messages and
status words page and the system log messagges page. I read in the mail
that folks are so lazy as to google for the document page, even when
there is a carefully constructed index of commands and options available
in the documentation.  There probably are a few messages I have imissed.
I track these down one at a time.

As for the code itself, I hope no sysadmin would need to read it,
although you will note at least the modules I wrtie are carefully
indented with copious comments.

Dave