[ntp:questions] Test internal clock

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Thu Mar 19 22:12:02 UTC 2009

Rob wrote:

> What I want to state is: somebody has a Windows domain and is asking how
> he can check if its time is similar to some external ntp server.
> Windows provides the w32tm command with the /monitor flag that accomplishes

Does it?  Maybe it does, but the Technet documentation is pretty opaque
on the subject, but has a weird option, threads, which causes less than
the specified number of machines to be "monitored".

At least no-one suggested using /stripchart, which, with its default 2s
polling interval looks like a good way of getting banned from public
servers.