[ntp:questions] NTP Support (Was 'What does "Max Distance Exceeded"...')

Rob Neal hundoj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 22:40:49 UTC 2009

And I have been remiss in not expressing my thanks
to Dr. Mills for his efforts over the last several
months.

Dr. Mills, you did a *great* job of updating the
dev tree. Many improvements, and you knocked one
of my (simplistic) attacks on its head. Crypto-
nak cleanup and all that. sigh. have to look
elsewhere for attack surface, and so far I
have to admit there is precious little to
work from.

I was really happy with the code base clean
up, btw, lotsa marvelous comments and
sanitizing of various weird 'stuff'. Things
are Better.

I really really hope this code base finds its
way out into the wild, soon. Harlan, any chance
of bagging the spurious (ok, I call them spurious,
ymmv, this is MHO)  blockers, and
just tossing this puppy out? We can
wreck the killer code issues later, and
the mismatch between done and out is getting
to be problematic for lots of folk, judging from
the newsgroup chatter.

Rob