[ntp:questions] Test internal clock

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Thu Mar 19 22:45:42 UTC 2009

Richard,

Please be more tolerant.

Some of us *vastly* prefer top-posted articles.

Let's just agree to disagree about this, and stop lobbying for our personal
preferences.

Richard> Towli wrote:
>> Wau - Thank you !  i bellieve thats exactly what i needed. It works on my
>> personal pc but not on my domain pc. I bellieve port 123 is blocked in
>> the firewall at work.  Can i somehow verify if there is open for port udp
>> port 123 and if it is not open, is there an alternative way to do what is
>> done with that command?  Best rgds /T "Rob" <nomail at example.com> skrev i
>> meddelelsen news:slrngs2qsr.2u4f.nomail at xs7.xs4all.nl...
>>> Towli <towli at oldboyz.dk> wrote: Hi
>>>>
>>> I would like to test my internal clock (from my domain pc) against a
>>> public
>>> ntp server, to see if there is a discrepance (i suspect our domain time
>>> is
>>> not synchronised properly).
>>> Is there a way to do this?
>>>  w32tm /monitor /computers:pool.ntp.org

Richard> Please don't top post!

Richard> Ask your network manager about port 123/UDP.  He should be able to
Richard> tell you if he has it blocked and, perhaps, will be willing to open
Richard> it if you tell him you need it.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!