[ntp:questions] refclock on Windows graphs

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Fri Mar 20 10:26:36 UTC 2009

David J Taylor wrote:
> Uwe Klein wrote:
> []
>
>> How many temperatures does your motherboards BIOS/Healthmonitor
>> screen show?
>> Quite often there are three:
>> CPU,
>> ~Northbridge,
>> "somewhere ambient"
>>
>> last straw would be to wire a LM75 I2C TempSensor
>> or similar to the MB SM-Bus ( most have an unused connector.
>>
>> uwe
>

> Uwe,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  That PC is booted as little as possible, so I
> can't recall the BIOS screens right now.  It's a Dell 4400, and not
> supported by quite a few of the graphic temperature monitor software, so
> probably not a "standard" chip.  I don't know whether Dell provides an
> API which can be used to monitor any temperatures either, or even a
> utility to show temperatures.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Does this help?
	http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/Op745/en/UG_en/trouble.htm
Look for "Air temperature" further down.

looks like (nearly) all Dell Boxes have an ambient air temp sensor.

The question will prob. be how to get at the data programmatically.
May the diagnostic supports a looging or crontype mode?

uwe