[ntp:questions] Using different timebase for ntpd

Greg Dowd GDowd at symmetricom.com
Mon Mar 23 18:37:12 UTC 2009

The normal method, and the cleanest, is to provide a reference clock
driver and let ntp keep the kernel clock synchronized to the card
timebase.  If you are bound and determined to make your own code, the
place to start is in configure to specify your clock model and then
systime.c in libntp.  Be advised that you are not likely to get much
support for modifications to that file as a great deal of knowledge is
required to understand the control loop and which variables you can or
should tinker to match your hardware.