[ntp:questions] can i use w32time to syncronise in a non domain scenario - windows2003
droodleskins at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:40:46 UTC 2009
I have an reporting tool that i need to syncronise between several
I want to make the central reporting tool the primary time server
then there will be several remote servers that i want to syncronise
the time with so they are all in sync
can this be acheived with w32time or is this purely for domain
situations as these servers will either be in different domains or
so far i have followed windows technet and done the following on the
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. In the right pane, right-click AnnounceFlags, and then click
4. In Edit DWORD Value, type A in the Value data box, and then
5. Quit Registry Editor.
6. At the command prompt, type the following command to restart the
Windows Time service, and then press ENTER:
net stop w32time && net start w32time
but then when i run this command on the other server i get this ...
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>w32tm /stripchart /computer:
Tracking 10.0.2.61 [10.0.2.61].
Collecting 5 samples.
The current time is 31/03/2009 09:36:25 (local time).
09:36:25 error: 0x800705B4
09:36:28 error: 0x800705B4
09:36:31 error: 0x800705B4
09:36:34 error: 0x800705B4
09:36:37 error: 0x800705B4
Any other suggestions
More information about the questions