[ntp:questions] can i use w32time to syncronise in a non domain scenario - windows2003

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Tue Mar 31 21:37:03 UTC 2009

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

> It will definitely do that.  W32TIME will keep your Windows system
> within a second or so of the correct time if you configure it to use a
> reliable server.  It's a non-RFC compliant implementation of SNTP.  If

It is possible that, from Windows 2003 upwards, it can be configured to
be NTP compliant, although the documentation I've seen is not clear on
whether the clock discipline control loop is compliant.  Again, only
Microsoft know.

The original version was definitely broken SNTP.  The OP should really
have identified the version.