[ntp:questions] Can the line audio out of HF radio be used to sync ntp. Trying to get a cheap ($) radio method.

jimp at specsol.spam.sux.com jimp at specsol.spam.sux.com
Fri May 1 23:00:01 UTC 2009

Nathaniel Homier <ntp at universal-mechanism.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 01 May 2009 21:15:02 +0000, jimp wrote:
>
>> David Woolley <david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>>> You may find that you need SSB capability on the HF receiver.
>>
>> Not for any WWV station.
>
> We can use the synchronous detector to even out the signal and select the
> sideband which has the least noise.

"Can" is not the same as "need", it would take more than "SSB
capability on the HF receiver" to implement this and "SSB capability"
does not guarantee a synchronous detector.

In my experience, there are more problems with signal fade with WWV
stations then sideband noise.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.