[ntp:questions] Gretchen - in regard to CertifiedTime it never died...

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Mon May 4 02:03:16 UTC 2009

Todd Glassey CISM CIFI wrote:
> Danny Mayer wrote:

>> I have not documented any of your claims. Those are merely assertions on
>> your part.
>
> No Danny they are NOT - what they are is clear documentation of the
> gross failings of this group to meet Industry needs for the code.;
> That's the reality - that you claim its not is even more issue for the
> NTP.ORG entity since it means that you are intentionally preventing the
> addition of the processes which the Industry needs.

No, we have received no requirements from anyone, let alone some strange
and vague group called Industry. Industry, whatever that is, can
implement any processes it wants whether or not it's based on the NTP
reference implementation which is free to use as they wish. If you want
something that you want NTP to support you need to have someone
contribute money to a) implement the requirements and b) maintain the
resultant code.

>> It's not even clear what industry you are claiming needs to
>> approve time-management practices.
>>
> Right... Have a nice day wize-guy..

Failure to document this means that you aren't serious about this, not
to mention you inability to correctly spell words.

Danny

believed to be clean.