[ntp:questions] Window XP - ntp / GMT not working

randy wilson a000snap at aol.com
Wed May 6 04:36:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

This has to have been solved somewhere but apparently
my searchfu is not working well.

I have some windows xp computers which we are syncing
to a time server via ntp. I can see the time server
has the correct UTC time on it and the the PCs are
syncing to the server. I have the time zones set to
GMT on all the PC. The problem is the time is off by
an hour on all the PCs and I can't figure out why.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I would really like
to just set the PC clocks to UTC but it does not appear
XP has that as an option but GMT should be equivalent
I thought.

thx

Randy