[ntp:questions] How bad is USB?

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Mon May 11 16:04:02 UTC 2009

In article <B1iNl.26624$OO7.7273 at text.news.virginmedia.com>,
 "David J Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid> writes:
>Hal Murray wrote:

>I know it's off-topic, but how far apart in time does two singers, or
>choir, have to be before you notice?  (No, I'm not suggesting a spoken ref
>clock  <G>).

Your ears are very good.  Think about locating the direction
that sounds come from.  (Owl ears are not symmetric so they
get up-down information at different frequencies than the ones
used for right-left.)

To answer your question, the ballpark is 100 ms.  If something is
off by only 10 ms, that's equavilent to moving forward or back
10 feet.  You wouldn't notice that.