[ntp:questions] New Version of NTP Installer for Windows from Meinberg

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Fri May 22 21:35:09 UTC 2009

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
> Hi Clock Addictives,
>
> following the security update of NTP we built a new version of our NTP
> Installer for Windows which now installs NTP 4.2.4p7 (ntpd and tools)
> as well as the full NTP Documentation. The installer now also
> includes the current version of the OpenSSL library (0.9.8k).
[]
> The new version has been nicknamed "copenhagen" because I am going to
> spend my summer vacation with my family in Denmark this year. I am not
> quite sure if we will make it to Copenhagen, though.
[]
> Regards,
>  Heiko

Heiko,

I'm sure you'll enjoy Denmark - you can also visit Copenhagen near
Christmas.  All ages enjoy the Tivoli Gardens, as perhaps you know.  I do
hope you get there.

Does this new release include the improved interpolation developed by Dave
Hart, and the Windows Vista/7 optimisations?

You may know that I discovered a problem with Windows 2000 afer bug fix
1149.  Is the Windows 2000 fix 1191 included?

Windows users will welcome your work and these improvements.  Thanks for
making the installation available.

Cheers,
David