[ntp:questions] NMEA ref.clock better than my ISP's timeserver?

pisteoff at start.no pisteoff at start.no
Thu May 28 07:13:18 UTC 2009

On 28 Mai, 08:12, "David J Taylor" <david-tay... at blueyonder.not-this-
part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Unruh wrote:
> > piste... at start.no writes:
> []
> >> Actually the Garmin 18x LVC is quite expensive here in Norway? Seems
> >> like it's quite a lot cheaper abroad, but with tax and postage I
> >> don't think it's any cheaper to order one unit from US or
> >> somewhere...
>
> > How much is "quite expensive" It should be about US$100.
>
> In the UK the base price, without tax, is GBP 56.98 (~ US $91)
>
> With tax and delivery it was GBP 71.02 (~US $113)
>
> I also feel this is quite expensive, as some base prices are down to US
> $63
>
>  http://shopping.aol.com/garmin-gps-18x-lvc-receiver-12-channels-/7570...
>
> David

The recommended customer price from the Norwegian Garmin importer
seems to be 975NOK (+shipping), which was what I had to pay for it. It
also seems difficult to find stores having this LVC-model in their
assortment, so I actually asked a web shop that sell other Garmin
products if they could get me this model too.

When calculating NOK to USD, I end up with $152,24. That's actually
more than double the $63 price you have seen in US!! If I found a US
place selling it for $63 I suppose it should get quite a lot cheaper
even when adding shipping and tax.

Geir