[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.5p180 adds IPv6 support on Windows

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Sat May 30 05:54:26 UTC 2009

Dave Hart wrote:
> You can find binaries at:
>
> http://davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/ntp-4.2.5p180-win-x86-bin.zip
> http://davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/ntp-4.2.5p180-win-x86-debug-bin.zip
>
> Testing on the earliest supported versions of Windows has been light.
> My binaries unfortunately are unable to load on Windows NT 4, at all
> due to the compiler dropping support,
> but I'm particularly interested in results on Windows 2000, with or
> without the IPv6 stack installed.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Dave,

I've installed the release version (just ntpd.exe) on my Windows 2000
Server PC, Bacchus, without an IPv6 stack (as far as I know).  It appears
to install and run correctly, although there were two errors reported in
the event log:

30/05/2009 06:37:45 NTP Error None 1 N/A BACCHUS setsockopt(208,
SO_EXCLUSIVEADDRUSE, on): Invalid argument

30/05/2009 06:37:45 NTP Error None 1 N/A BACCHUS setsockopt(216,
SO_EXCLUSIVEADDRUSE, on): Invalid argument

I will e-mail you the full event log.  The performance can be seen here
(eventually):

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/bacchus_ntp-b.html

Cheers,
David