[ntp:questions] Dave Hart Windows PPS patch set and Atom driver

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Sun May 31 19:12:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:37 PM, <hvengel at astound.net> wrote:
> Just a quick follow up.  Dave has supplied me with some updated code
> and this seems to be working OK on my machine now.  It appears that
> most of the issue I was seeing was corrected when I turned serial port
> buffering off.  At this point I am using the Atom (PPS) driver on
> Windows since the Oncore driver is not working at this time.

Are you referring to disabling the FIFO using the device manager
properties page?  This is interesting, I would not have predicted it
would make a difference.  It may be a bug in serialpps.sys, the
codepath I added the timestamp collection to must not be exercised
with your previous settings.

Cheers,
Dave Hart