[ntp:questions] NTP absolute accuracy?

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Mon Nov 2 22:22:08 UTC 2009

David Woolley wrote:
> David Malone wrote:
>
>> The Rugby unit was built by Ian Dowse, and is described here:
>>
>>     http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/time/rugby.html
>>

> This is a simple AM detector for the slow code (I don't know if the fast
> code is still transmitted).  It doesn't phase lock onto the carrier.

Fast code isn't mentioned in latest info I downloaded and
someone mentioned in a reply to one of my messages that it
was no longer transmitted.

Maplin MSF module hasn't been available for some years either,
but I swapped xtal and aerial of Conrad DCF77 module and that
works here receiving MSF better than it did DCF.

I'm still assembling parts for a DIY phase locked frequency
reference, but as I've found, that still requires GPS or
other method to calibrate to use for ntp.

David