[ntp:questions] PC DCF-77 signal emulation?

Thu Nov 12 15:37:22 UTC 2009

Pete Ashdown <pashdown at xmission.com> writes:

> I've bought a number of clocks from Germany that use DCF-77 for time
> set/synchronization.  Needless to say, here in the states I can't use DCF-77.
> I have see a number of GPS -> DCF-77 converters, but since I have a GPS synced
> NTP server, I'd rather just pull time from the client Linux box next to my
> desk.  Does anyone have or know of a USB or serial device that can output a
> DCF-77 signal to a number of clocks (4)?

I haven't looked whether someone from Meinberg replied, but I know that
Meinberg hat DCF-77 test _senders_ for those who cared about the
millenium bug (which our Meinberg clock did not have). Maybe have a look
at Meinberg's web site...

Ulrich