[ntp:questions] Problem with system clock refresh

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Thu Nov 26 13:48:22 UTC 2009

"Martin Burnicki" <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote in message
news:9732u6-r9s.ln1 at gateway.py.meinberg.de...
[]
> Please remember PPS support under Windows is only available in current
> development versions which will becomt the next release soon. However,
> ntpd
> v4.2.4p7 which is still the current release version does not support PPS
> under Windows.
>
> Martin

Good point, Martin.  I've often installed the Meinberg distribution to set
up the basics on NTP, and then replaced the binaries with those from Dave
Hart.  I now have serial PPS support working on Windows-2000, Windows-XP
and Windows-7 (although I recall there might be a version issue with
Windows-2000).  The exact versions I have are listed here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/daily_ntp.html#Active

Cheers,
David