[ntp:questions] OT: GPS18x LVC failure

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Sun Oct 11 19:40:49 UTC 2009

David Lord wrote:

> So usb to pc is ok and it does appears my ttl levels at converter
> inputs aren't acceptable. I expect output +9v to -9V via a 1488
> will be ok. I've not set that up yet as intended generating
> +/-10V using switched capacitor converters I ordered, but these
> didn't arrive and went from "in stock" to "no longer available"
> overnight between my order being accepted and delivery of
> remainder of order. I'll try this week with 1488 on +/-5V and
> higher from bench psu.

Gerhard Dangl's astronomy equipment
<http://www.dangl.at/ausruest/gps18lvc_e.htm>

above page shows scope traces -5V to +5V swings from gps18x-lvc.
Spec states 0V to +5V and data sheet I have is same as latest on
Garmin site.

I have pico and velleman pc scopes but rarely use them. I might
try capturing some waveforms from my kit.

David