[ntp:questions] Problem with ntpd configuration file

Piotr Grudzinski piotr at powersmiths.com
Tue Oct 13 16:06:10 UTC 2009

I am running ntpd on a small uClinux system. There are 4 lines in my ntp.conf file:

/ # cat /etc/ntp/ntp.conf
server 0.ca.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.ca.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 0.us.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.us.pool.ntp.org iburst
/ #

There are no problems with ntp-4.2.4p7.
With ntp-dev-4.2.5p230-RC and the same config file I am finding the following line in the log file:

 9 Oct 16:43:29 ntpd[95]: configuration item on line 5 longer than limit of 102'

There is no line 5 in my config file. If I add an empty line, the same error complains about line 6.

Best Regards,
Piotr