[ntp:questions] TSC, default precision, FreeBSD

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Sep 5 18:40:58 UTC 2009

Garrett,

My father was a very good mechanical engineer and screamed at me to use
correct terminology when talking about resolution, precision and
accuracy. My engineering professors screamed at me, too. My father's
calipers could measure clearances to a thousandth of an inch, but the
surface roughness diluted the precision  to ten times that. The
terminology I use is precisely (sic) correct according to modern
engineering practice and correctly describes the intent in the
specification and implementation.

Dave